- Certified Travel Associate, CTA
- Luxury Specialist, LS
- Certified Sandals Specialist, CSS
- Jamaica Specialist
- Dominican Republic Specialist
- Aruba Specialist
- Outrigger Expert Agent
- 2019 Outside Agents Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2019 Small Business Development Center award Woman-Owned Small Business
- 2019 Honored as Hometown Business Connection with KEYC-TV
- 2018 Outside Agents Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2017 Outside Agents Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2016 Outside Agents Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2016 Trafalgar Tours, Travel Agent of the Year
- 2015 Outside Agents Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2014 Outside Agents Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2013 Outside Agents Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- April 2013, Outside Agents Award for Top Selling Agent of the month
- 2012 President’s Elite Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2011 President’s Elite Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2010 President’s Elite Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2010 AAA Minnesota/Iowa Travel Agent of the year
- 2009 #1 Travel Sales Agent in Minnesota/Iowa AAA & President’s Pacesetter Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2008 President’s Elite Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2007 President’s Elite Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- 2006 President’s Pacesetter Award for Outstanding Sales Achievement
- Hot Starz! in The Connect Business Magazine
- Best of 2014 Mankato Magazine (Best Travel Agency)
- Volunteer Cavalier of the Month
- 2019 a Day in a Life of a Travel Agent with Business Connect Magazine
Bio: Amber has been customizing and planning personalized luxury vacations since 1999. Her amazing attention to detail and impeccable personal service have become her hallmarks in travel planning. Her dedication to each and every client is second to none.
Amber grew up and has resided in the Mankato area her entire life. She currently lives in Lake Crystal and is raising her son, Lucas. She graduated from Dakota County Technical College in Rosemount, Minnesota in 1998. She has a Diploma in Travel Planning. She is a Certified Travel Associate certified by The Travel Institute. The CTA designation, conferred by The Travel Institute, marks the pinnacle of travel industry professionalism. CTAs are required to complete a rigorous academic program and exam, possess at least five years of full-time experience, and follow a continuing education regimen to remain current on the latest travel trends. She is also a Luxury Lifestyle Specialist. Amber has been certified as a specialist from Sandals Resorts, Aruba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Disney Vacations, Holland America Cruises and Trafalgar Tours.
Her expertise is in customized itineraries, luxury cruises and tours, adventure travel, history tours, honeymoons, romantic getaways and world cruises, as well as travel for large groups, businesses, destination weddings and family reunions.
Amber was an award winning Travel Agent for over 14 years at AAA in Mankato, MN. At AAA Travel, she earned the Presidents Elite for top sales in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. In 2013, Amber opened her own agency called Amber Pietan Travel Agency in 2013. She quickly established herself and began personalizing travel for her beloved clients in lower North Mankato. Since opening her agency, Amber received the Outside Agents Outstanding Sales Achievement Award in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
Amber is a seasoned and dedicated traveler! As a child, she and her family traveled the United States extensively. As an adult, Amber has traveled to many Mexico destinations, England, Spain, Greece, the Dominican Republic, Hawaii, Africa, Aruba, St. Martin and Jamaica. She has also enjoyed a fabulous Alaskan Cruise.
Amber’s moto is “Without a Travel Agent you are on your own”. Own your own, planning a trip today can be confusing, and time consuming. However having the availability and expertise of a travel professional to assist you will guarantee you the best prices and most amazing itineraries. Her years of experience enables her to share the wealth of information she has accumulated over the years with her clients and in her own personal travels. She also makes herself available to clients for unforeseen emergencies and changes. Amber prides herself on making each vacation she plans a memorable experience.